All firearms small or big need maintenance. You need a working table, solvents, and a Gun cleaning Kit for maintaining your gun. But people often ignore the relevance of a good quality gun cleaning mat during maintenance. Gun cleaning mats of small, large, or extra-large size help solve these problems you face while maintenance of a gun. These issues are like,
- Destroyed Work Table
- Missing parts and pins
- Difficulty in cleaning the solvent and stains
- Scratch on Guns
A good quality gun cleaning mat is recommended to solve all these problems. If you have a bigger gun like Rifle, AK-47, and AR-15 then you need gun cleaning mats of an extra-large size.
Different Types of Gun Cleaning Mat
Gun Cleaning mats come in a variety of types, designs, and sizes. They are
- Pistol Mats
- Glock Gun Cleaning Mats
- Disassemble Exploded View Mats
- Cut Out Mats
- Large Mats
- Extra Large Gun Cleaning Mats
We’re an affiliate!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
In a Hurry!
If you don’t have much time using the links below to quickly find the Best Extra Large Gun Cleaning Mat on Amazon. You can be assured we only choose the best products…
Top 6 Extra Large Gun Cleaning Mats at a Glance
- Gloryfire Gun cleaning mat
- Linla premium non-slip gun cleaning pad
- Real Avid Smart Mat- large gun mat
- American Whitetail long gun cleaning mat
- AiBOB absorbent mat for avoiding spills and protecting surfaces.
- Gloryfire Gun cleaning mat
- The material is durable for long term usage without getting tattered or losing the shine.
- There is a protective layer on top of the mat to help resist oil or water spills. It is excellent to clean and manage your gun, and the carpet itself has no stain.
- The protective cover gives enough durability to this mat to survive for a few years.
- This pad has a comfortable texture, making sure that none of your gun parts retain any scratches from it.
- The package of the mat is very quality-oriented and robust to ensure the safe delivery of the product.
- This mat is also remarkably thicker than other rugs, which you can find in the market.
- Price is also considerably low considering other mats with priority on looks.
- Thick product, suitable for mid-sized guns.
- .Protective layer for resisting oil and fluid absorption.
- The make is of oil and fluid resistant environmental materials.
- The size of the mat is large enough for sub-machine guns and assault rifles.
- The price is slightly higher for its size, but the quality is better than other mats in the same range.
- This thermoplastic fiber surface makes this pad great for handguns and shotguns.
- Wood does not get scratched, but metal picks scratches like candies on Halloween.
- Thermoplastic fiber catches dust from other surfaces, and it can shine your gun parts.
- The waterproof backing makes sure none of your spills leave the mat, and the carpet does not slip-on a smooth surface.
- The back covers stick to characters with a decent seal as it has a specific texture on it.
- You can easily rinse the mat with soap and water to remove any oil and debris sticking to the surface.
- If you need a specific cleaning pad division, you can safely cut it without losing the sides.
- The pad itself is thin in design but very functional and affordable.
- The price is the most prominent aspect of this pad as it is much cheaper than the other competitors.
- The price range puts it at a sweet spot of available and affordable gun cleaning pads.
- You will get all the worth of your money as this is the most budget-friendly pad on the list.
- Thin but functional gun cleaning pad with thermoplastic fabric.
- The absorption rate is excellent and fast to avoid spills.
- The Gun pad is large enough for a whole shotgun to fit.
- You can also service assault rifles on this pad.
- Material is thin, making the absorption rate is low per square centimeters compared to other pads.
- This assault rifle cleaning and maintenance mat is excellent if you have an AR.
- The instructions for the service are there on top of the mat for easy reading.
- The mat comes with a parts tray attached to the right side, and you can remove it if you want.
- It is possible to secure the carpet to the other side, but you have to pop a few new holes on the left.
- The material of this large 43×16 padded gun mat is very durable and are water or solvent resistant.
- The material will remain on top and will not sink to the bottom.
- You can quickly drain any solvent spilled on the mat in a standard drain.
- The focus of this mat is on assault rifles, but you can easily clean a shotgun if you know how to do it.
- The service instructions are very accurate for beginners but can also assist adepts.
- Large mat, perfect for assault rifles and shotguns.
- The design represents an Assault rifle service procedure.
- It comes with a magnetic parts tray to keep your tool and parts in a single place.
- Good padding and thickness to hold the fatty parts of an AR.
- Folding the mat too tightly can lead to creases.
- This vast gun cleaning mat can work for you if you want to clean many guns at once.
- The carpet fits on a whole table so that you can dedicate a table to gun cleaning.
- The top is water-resistant and will retain water until drained from the top.
- The surface also does not hold debris in it, and a simple dusting can clean it well.
- You can wipe the top with a clean towel to remove any dust remaining.
- The design is also very well done as a unique representation of American whitetail.
- The price of this mat is also very reasonable for the mat’s size and has a decent thickness.
- The product’s emphasis here is on quality and size, as soft polyester material is here.
- The padding is the best aspect of this mat as you can place heavy guns on this without harming the gun’s body.
- Giant mat, suitable for long guns or a lot of guns.
- The design is unique and attractive with diverse patterns.
- Can fit in an entire table alone, covering every part well enough to avoid corrosion.
- It is way too big for small guns.
- This giant 16″ x60″ assault rifle servicing mat comes with a minimalistic design for an emphasis on functionality.
- The price is low of this matt, but it serves its function very well.
- The product is also cut friendly and wash friendly for deep cleaning if required.
- The upper surface is 1/8 thick polyester, which is slightly lower than other products in this range. But the place where it lacks thickness, the matt makes up with its length.
- The absorbent material of the product makes sure the absorbed solvent doesn’t leak down to the table.
- The back is of tree rubber, which provides a good seal and excellent grip.
- You can buy this mat if you need something that gets the job done.
- There are no distractions on the cleaning matt to take your vision off your arsenal.
- The black designs also enable the gun parts to be distinctively available.
- Big polyester mat for cleaning assault rifles and handguns alike.
- Absorbent surface with waterproof back to ensure any solvent or liquid does not spill to the other side.
- Durable material but tearable with a scissor.
- Soft surface to prevent scratches on the gun parts.
- Thickness is low and concern for such a huge mat.
- This well built and the large pad is very well made for its price range.
- The material is neoprene, which is considered weather and waterproof for best functionality in every scenario.
- This pad is excellent for handguns and assault rifles but can also be used with shotguns.
- The padding is smooth for scratch resistance, and it also retains water until drained.
- The color of this mat is pure black, and there is a gift package included.
- You can use the box as a storage resource to keep the mat in a safe place.
- Neoprene made cloth for retaining water and cleaning guns without leakage.
- Tear and scratch proof make to ensure your gun parts do not get scratched.
- The mat is large with a size of 36″ x12″ x1/4″, which is excellent.
- The mat has a significant thickness of ¼ inches.
- The edges are not always evenly cut for some unknown reason.
How to choose the best Gun Cleaning Mats?
While buying a gun cleaning mat you must consider these factors:
Size of the Mat: It must be suitable according to the size of your gun. Using a small mat for a big gun can be messy. So find the Ideal size.
Thickness: A thicker mat is a safer mat as it doesn’t slide. it can hold the firearm and saves the workspace from getting damaged.
Design: Some mats come with disassembling designs for ready reference.
Qualities: Some Other factors which should also be considered are waterproof, scratch-proof, fade, and oil resistant dye-sublimation printing.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Do I need a Gun Cleaning Mat?
Yes, you do. If you are a Gun owner or user, you definitely need a gun cleaning mat. Because guns need maintenance and mostly we need a smooth and worry-free maintenance of our rifles, pistols, revolvers, and all kinds of firearms.
A gun cleaning mat not only protects the workspace but also protects the gun from scratch.
They come with separate trays for different parts & magnetic compartments for tiny parts, screws & pins.
Some mats come with printed disassembly guides, exploded parts view, cut out view of the gun. These mats tell newbie shooters how to disassemble a gun by giving a step by step instructions. Great for those who are learning how to use a firearm.