Garages are difficult to maintain and keep clean mainly due to all muds, dirt, snow, and oils. Garage floor mats protect your garage and the floor from all the litter. They are heavy and don’t slip from the place after multiple uses daily.
Floor mats for the garage should be able to handle a lot of fluids, especially oil leaks. Also, they should effectively work all seasons.
Garage floor mats are best for handling snow, mud, grease, and oil leaks. They have inflated edges that hold the melting snow water of the car. They are absorbent and absorb all kinds of oil spills protecting the floor from stains.
Are Garage Mats Worth It?
Garage mats are worth every penny, they not only protect your stained, damaged, and old floors but also keep your new floors look clean and new.
When it comes to protecting a garage, there are two ways you can do it. Firstly you can choose floor tiles for the garages. They come in sets of a few interlocking tiles and can be installed according to the size or area of the garage.
They come in different designs, patterns, and colors. These floor tiles are easy to install, don’t require any technical knowledge to lay them on the floor. Garage floor tiles are very good protection for workshops and basements. These interlocking tiles don’t require any surface preparation, adhesives, or hours of your time.
Secondly, Floor mats or containment mats are generally used by vehicle owners, small workshops, and basements. Garage floor mats are durable, easily washable, tear-resistant, and wear-resistant. They absorb all oil spills and protect floors from stains.
Containment mats are the best mats for the winter and rainy seasons in the garage. They hold a lot of water, melting snow, and all kinds of dirt, oils. They are easy to wash and maintain.
In a Hurry!
If you don’t have much time, then, please check the below-listed Garage Floor Mats for Oil Spills.
- Best Garage Floor Mats for Oil Spills (Most Popular) – KALASONEER Oil Spill Mat
- The Best Garage Floor Mats for Oil Spills- (Value for Money) – Drymate Oil Spill Mat
- Best Garage Floor Mats for Oil Spills (Best Rated) – Club Clean Shield Oil Spill Mats
Top 7 Best Garage Floor Mats for Oil Leaks
1. KALASONEER Oil Spill Mat For Garage- Most Popular
This garage mat is of felt fabric material that is perfectly absorbent. The backing of this mat is waterproof and prevents oil or other liquids from soaking through. It is ideal for garages or driveways where you park your car.
If you have a car that is leaking oil then this mat will absorb the oil and protect your floor. This mat is useful while changing the oil in your car or bike.
The backside contains a waterproof film and it is anti-slip. This fabric mat can be cut to fit any garage. It’s durable and very easy to clean.
This machine-washable mat can also be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner or a power wash. It also helps in hiding unsightly cracks. It gets installed in minutes, just roll it out and adhere at the edges.
This mat is also useful in wet areas or where the floor gets wet very often. This mat is ideal for workshops or home garages for repairing or changing the oil. It protects the floor from stains by absorbing all dripping oils from the car.
- Size – 36 Inches (W) x 60 Inches (H)
- Material – Felt Fabric
- Brand – KALASONEER
- This mat comes in 4 size options 36″x 30″, 36″x36″, 36″x48″ and 36″x60″
- Durable mat lasts for long years.
- Absorbent mat ideal for workshops where oil leaks, oil changes are frequent.
- Very easy to install
- Easy to wash and clean
- Can be cut to fit a size
- Wear & Tear Resistant
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Too thin, approximately 0.12 inches
- The flimsy mat gets blown by the slightest breeze.
2. Drymate Oil Spill Mat- Value For Money
This USA-made mat is designed to protect your garage floor from costly stains. It absorbs oil leakage from your car and oil spills during an oil change, repair, and maintenance.
The bottom layer of this mat is slip-proof and waterproof. It stays in one place and doesn’t move around. It picks up all moisture keeping the surface clean. Lightweight mat suitable for indoor use.
The PVC backing of this mat resists the oil, gasoline, brake fluid from entering inside and damaging the floor. The polyester fiber is to be cut and resized. It is easy to clean, you can wash it with soap water, and a little scrub. You can also clean this mat with a hosepipe.
This super-absorbent mat is ideal for workshops, garages where oil leaks are very frequent.
- Size – 29 Inches (W) x 36 Inches (H)
- Material – Polyester Fabric
- Brand – Drymate
- Mats of different length fit all car Sizes
- This mat comes in 2 more size options 36″x 59″, and 54″x 72″
- Absorbs oil spills and moisture for better containment
- Waterproof backing prevents engine oil, brake fluids, and transmission fluid from seeping through.
- Easy to clean with soap and water and a little scrubbing
- The backing of the mat is PVC which can melt if you are leaving in a hot area.
3. Club Clean Shield Oil Spill Mat- Best Rated
This mat is made in the USA from high-quality material. It has an impermeable membrane that resists every single liquid particle to go through.
It protects the garage floor from coolant, engine oils, brake fluid, battery acid, and other harmful petrochemicals. This mat is highly efficient in keeping your garage clutter-free.
Shield mats are multi-layered and trap all fluids, mud, water, and chemicals underneath. This absorbent mat doesn’t allow these chemicals to pass through.
This mat can be used under garbage cans, lawnmowers, gardening tools, and more. It is very easy to install. Just lay it on the floor. This mat can be used for different vehicles, motorcycles, and golf carts.
Use soap and water to wash the mat, rinse in water, hang dry, and start to reuse.
- Size – 60 Inches (W) x 96 Inches (H) (5 ft x 8 ft)
- Material – Black Fabric
- Brand – Clean Club
- Suitable for Cars, Motor Cycles, Golf Carts, and ATVs
- Ultra-Light Weight Mat is portable and easy to store.
- Ideal for parking, storage areas, trailer, and shop floors
- It can contain battery acid
- Ideal fit for a Golf Cart and machineries.
- Easy to clean and reuse.
- 3 years limited warranty.
- Doesn’t stay in one place often blown away in the slightest breeze.
- Can be slippery on some surfaces
4. Olsa Tools Oil Spil Mat for Garage Floor
This is a multi-purpose mat that can be used in a garage, parking area, workshop, driveway, etc. It is capable of absorbing stains, greasy items, petrochemicals, water, and more.
This oil spill mat is waterproof and leak-proof and thus prevents any liquid or moisture from seeping through. Built from durable polyester fabric and has a waterproof polyethylene membrane.
The ultra-fine bottom layers make it strong for friction. The texture of this mat is dark grey, which hides the dirt. This mat is made of fireproof material so it doesn’t burn quickly.
This mat is easily cleaned with soapy water and a little scrub. Hosed off with water to remove any sitting dirt on it and hang to air dry. It can be twisted or squeezed to remove the solid dirt.
- Size – 30 Inches (W) x 60 Inches (L)
- Material – Polyester Fabric
- Brand – OLSA TOOLS
- Multi-purpose mat
- It’s an anti-wear and ant-tear mat that is durable
- Waterproof backing protects garage floors
- Made from Fireproof material
- Absorbs and traps all kinds of petro chemicals and oils
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight mat so it gets blown away with gusty wind
5. ITSOFT Garage Floor Mat
The top layer of the mat is made of non-woven fabric material and a rubber bottom layer. It is damp proof and perfect for daily use. This mat is tear-proof, durable, and washable. It soaks all kinds of fluids like engine oil, brake oil, petrochemicals, water, and more.
It is leak-proof and doesn’t let any liquid flow to the floor. Easy to cut and customize to fit your space. It comes with a non-slip rubber backing.
This mat is easy to clean, it can be washed with a vacuum cleaner, power wash, or hose off.
- Size – 38 Inches (W) x 60 Inches (L)
- Material – Non-Woven Polyester Fabric
- Brand – ITSOFT
- It comes in another size of 38″ x 29″
- Reusable and durable mat
- Value for money
- Ideal for oil spills and leakage
- Holds dirt and any kind of fluids
- Easy to cut and resize
- Easy to clean and store
- Lightweight and blows off with the slightest of wind.
6. Drymate Armor All Oil Spill Mat
This mat is made in the USA and designed to protect your garage floor from stains. The bottom layer of this mat is made from polyolefin polymer that is slip-proof and waterproof. It rests in one place and doesn’t move around.
The bottom waterproof layer of this mat resists oil, gasoline, brake fluid from entering inside and damaging the floor.
The polyester fiber is durable and reusable. It is easy to clean. You can wash it with soap, water, and a little scrub. You can also hose off the dirt and oil sitting on the mat.
- Size – 30 Inches (W) x 59 Inches (L)
- Material – Non-Woven Polyester Fabric
- Brand – DRYMATE
- Slip-resistant bottom
- Super Absorbent
- Ideal for a small amount of oil leakage.
- Oil slips to the bottom, not completely full proof
- Due to the absorption of oil, the backside of the mat becomes sticky.
- Not fit for handling battery acid.
- Lightweight and needs some fixing to keep it on the ground.
7. Sahamoduo Garage Floor Mat
This fabric mat will protect your garage floor from all oil and greasy stains. The bottom layer is non-slippery and prevents the mat from moving around.
The waterproof layer resists the oil and fluids from seeping through. It is washable and reusable. To clean the mat, use soap with scrub, hose it off and hang it in the sun to dry.
This mat comes in 5 other sizes like 36″ x 60″, 36″ x 72″, 39″ x 60″, 48″ x 60″, 48″ x 84″, 48″ x 100″
- Size – 36 Inches (W) x 48 Inches (L)
- Material – Non-Woven Polyester Fabric
- Brand – SAHAMODUO
- Absorbent Mat
- Waterproof bottom layer
- Easily cut to fit your space
- Fit for parking, driveway, workshop, garage, and shop floor
- Apparently, New product so no review available to cross check the facts.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Garage Mat for Oil Leaks
What to look for in a Garage Floor mat specifically for oil leaks? What factors need to be considered while purchasing an oil spill mat? Read on.
The most important factor of any oil spill mat is the absorption power. A mat with strong absorption capability is more likely to protect the floor of your garage. It should handle a lot of liquid and fluids like brake oil, engine oil, other petrochemicals, battery acid, and water.
2. Easy To Clean
An efficient mat should be easy to clean. It has to handle a lot of liquid and fluids so it requires washing regularly. This also increases the durability of the product.
Keeping the mat on the garage floor is a hassle. Oil spill mats for garages are lightweight and often get blown away easily. An adhesive backing of the mat will prevent it from moving around while working on it.
4. Size of the Car/Garage
The mat you are buying should fit appropriately with your car and garage. A smaller mat will not provide sufficient protection to your garage floor. If you have a large vehicle or a wide vehicle like off-road jeeps then go for a larger mat. So, we advise measuring the car or garage space before buying.
You want your mat to last long despite regular wear and tear. The mat should be able to handle cars or any other vehicle.
A good material like polyester fabric is easy to wash and durable. Rubber mats tend to melt under extreme heat conditions. The fabric material is easy to cut and fit as per your required size.