How to Clean Baby Play Mat? | Top Washable Play Mats
Babies spend a lot of time on the floor, they like to lie, and play especially when they are rolling, crawling, and doing their tummy time. Playmats are great because they provide a clean, safe, and portable way for your baby to play anywhere.
We all know that babies are adorable and incredibly fun to play with, but it can be hard to manage their messes. So, it is essential to keep your baby’s favorite playmat clean and free from germs.
Do you find yourself worrying about how to keep the mat clean and disinfect on a daily basis? If so, read on for some tips on how to clean baby play mat!
Popular Baby Play Mats
If you are looking for attractive and popular baby playmats, check out the below options.
How to Clean Baby Play Mat?
A playmat is a perfect place for kids to have hours of fun. The mat may get dirty, so make sure it’s clean before game time!
The First Step is to clean the playmat with a damp cloth or tissue with hands. Use soap and water and use a regular household detergent or cleaner.
This way most of the stains and materials like milk and water can be cleaned easily. Sometimes play mats have torn edges, wiping them with hands is the best option in this case.
Otherwise for all play mats follow this step by step method to clean
- Prepare a solution: This solution can be prepared from White Vinegar, Laundry detergent, and Baking Soda.
- Soak the mat and other accessories in a tub of warm water (not Hot water) and pour the solution into the tub.
- Allow it to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Bring them out, flip them and Rub them down with a sponge or scrub brush to remove any sitting dirt or stains.
- Rinse off the soap with water, and then dry it off.
- Hang them to dry in the air naturally.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner with bristle heads as they may scratch the surface of the mat.
- Don’t leave them under direct sunlight to dry as extreme temperature could damage the mat.
- Be careful while using an electric broom as the head may ruin the play mat.
- Don’t keep any heavy objects on the mat for a very long period as it could put permanent pressing on the surface.
Are Baby Playmats Machine Washable?
Playmats handle a lot of things like spilled milk, water, food particles, dirt, and other stuff. It is necessary to keep them clean and hygienic.
You can hand wash or machine wash them. Not all playmats are machine washable but Cotton or Polyester fabric playmats can be washed in a machine.
Use a gentle mode and cold water to wash these fabric mats in the washing machine. Don’t put them in the dryer otherwise, it could damage the mats. Hang to dry naturally.
Some play mats come with a cover; please unzip them before putting them in the washing machine. If there are any tough stains on the mat like wine or food color then rub the area with liquid detergent and wash it in a washing machine.
Best Washable Baby Playmats
Below are top rated washable baby playmats: